I added another machine to the collection last week.
I've wanted a Bernina 730 for ages, and this one was at the local sewing machine shop. It's not in pristine condition, having come from a school; it must have had a very hard life judging from the chipped paint, bent foot and missing accessories. But it still sews a beautiful stitch, so it's worth having. I just love the shape of the early Berninas, very stylish.
I sewed some more Lady of the Lake blocks, I have 16 made now. This is the way I've decided to press the seams.
I haven't been able to figure out a way that all the seams between blocks interlock nicely, but with this method there are only 4 seams that go the same way and I can live with that.
I press all the triangle seams open, to reduce the bulk, then add the two strips of 3 triangles at either end.
Then I add the sets of 5 triangles across the top and bottom.
And I twirl two of the intersections so that the seams between blocks nest together.
I was making each block from just two fabrics, I always think that it should be easier if you don't have to make decisions as you piece. But then I get bored, and I'm tempted into making a few scrap blocks, and before you know it, the only blocks I like are the scrappy ones.