Sunday, February 28, 2010

Poor Dolly is not her usual happy self, and it will be a while before we get back to our nightly walks.  She's a very subdued little dog, and thinks twice about moving anywhere at all.  

We took her to the vet to be spayed on Wednesday, and it's been a tough few days as she recovers.  The vet commented on how tightly muscled she is, which has to be due to Macca, her Dad; her mum is a barrel of blubber.The tight muscles means she's very sore, and lets us know; I do believe she's getting even more spoiled now.   But it's hard to resist her woebegone little face.

We had a joint garage sale with friends today, so no sewing was achieved.  I'm working away at the Milky Way blocks, nearly three-quarters finished now. My sewing room is covered in a layer of navy and cream fabrics, which will take a lot of tidying up; I wish I could learn to pack things away as I go, but I don't seem to work that way.

I should probably start thinking about the next piecing project, seeing this is nearly done.  Time to go through the books and choose something new, something colourful I think.  I'm a bit tired of two colour quilts.

7 comments:

pdudgeon 7:35 AM  

Awww, special huggs for Dolly. i made a beef soup today in her honor. i'll bet she would lap it all up if she were here.

antique quilter 7:41 AM  

oh I hope she feels better soon
look at that sad face!
oh yes something very scrappy would be fun
Kathie

Jenni 12:19 PM  

Poor girl, she looks very subdued. Hoping she recovers quickly.

julieQ 11:52 PM  

Poor Dolly! She is so active normally, isn't she...a little mass of muscle!! Hope she is all well soon. I am looking forward to seeing your Milky Way blocks, and think it is neat that you saved fabrics for it for so many years.

Henrietta 3:54 PM  

I have never seen a spay incision on the flank. Ours are always by the belly button. I hope she feels better than I did!

sewprimitive karen 5:06 AM  

Uh oh, hope Dolly will be OK. She looks miserable but then she has a very expressive face.

Meggie 4:40 PM  

Gentle pats for Dolly. Honey was very sick when she was spayed, poor little dog.
Look forward to seeing your brights.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP