It was a hot day yesterday, summer's last hurrah, I guess. I know true autumn weather isn't far away, I just have to be patient a few more days. It will be fun to start knitting again, and I finally managed to win an Ebay auction for a drum carder, so I can prepare my fleece for spinning more easily. I need a lot more hours in the day.
This morning I picked up a huge package from Accuquilt, containing new dies, so I will be playing with those for the rest of the day. I can't even remember what I ordered, so it will be interesting when I unpack it.
Yesterday was frantically busy, but I managed to get another of these little blocks sewn.
These blocks finish 5.5" square, not very big at all, but I want to make a heap of them, and set them on point, with sashing, and multiple borders, but I don't want it to be a huge quilt. So I have to start with a small block, to keep the final measurements under control. Again, I've had trouble with that in the past, when I've been completely surprised at the size of a finished quilt. I'm trying to be aware, and EQ7 certainly helps in that regard. The quilt as I originally drew it, with 8.5" blocks, ended up as 120" wide; good thing I hadn't already started cutting.
Like Judy, I'm a great fan of Electric Quilt, it's wonderful for planning, and so easy to keep track of final measurements, and all those 'what-if' variations.