Monday, March 12, 2012

I managed to get something done today. mainly cutting pieces for the leader-ender blocks.  I badly wanted to sew instead, but I made myself stick to the cutting.  It will make life much easier to have these blocks kitted up and ready to go.


I have 18 of the little cross blocks kitted, and lots of setting triangles for the simple album blocks.
 It will be fun to get started on these, even if it is only a seam here and there between other sewing.  The blocks mount up so quickly, it's like magic.

This evening I want to put a movie on the TV and iron all this fabric. 
 Last year I splashed out and bought a tower of Barbara Brackman's Battle Hymn, and it's gorgeous stuff, and there's so much of it!  The subdued colours are just what I want in my next quilt; I'll iron it all ready for cutting, and that will be the job for this week.  We'll have a big work day tomorrow, there will be piles of mail after the long weekend, but hopefully I'll be able to make a start in the afternoon.

This is the block I'll be making,
 I can't find out the proper name of it, closest I've found is a Variable Star variation; not very catchy.  I'll keep looking, or just invent something.


2 comments:

Sue SA 6:52 AM  

Glad your back blogging about your sewing, your array of blocks keeps me motivated, especially now I also have to balance sewing with paid work. Happy quilting, Sue SA

Jenni 1:11 AM  

I see a bit of churn dash in the block too. Your output always amazes me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP