Monday, February 08, 2016

I've been sewing steadily away at my two projects, but neither is anywhere near finished.

 I attached two borders to the Sister's Choice, but there are still two to go.
 I cut twice as many squares as I need, so hopefully there will be plenty of variety; I need to make 3 strips of 40 squares each.  If I concentrated it would be done in an hour, I'm just not very focused lately.
My Scrappy Mountain Majesties blocks have multiplied since I took this photo; I need another 12 blocks and then I'll have enough for a decent size quilt.  I'm determined to just slap two plain fabric borders on them and call them done.  I'm fed up with pieced borders right at this moment.
In an effort to use up the bright fabrics I cut 4.5" strips; haven't decided on a pattern yet, but this is all that's left of most of my pretty modern stuff.  I'm thinking maybe something with rectangles, or big HSTs.   I have some eye-popping brights from a scrap pack, but they are destined for a Chinese Coins with black setting to tone them down a bit. I'm determined to get this stash fabric moving!

I'm loading up a new laptop with all my software, updating old versions and discovering what will and won't run on Windows 10.  It causes a bit of brain fade, all the serial numbers and passwords and user names just blur together after a while.  I'm not keeping up with technology, but I don't think I've been left completely behind.  I'm just trailing after it and whinging 'Why did they have to change Everything!!?' Just when I thought I knew what I was doing.......

4 comments:

Gypsy Quilter 1:13 AM  

Dolly and I are very glad you're back and sewing madly. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for those bright, cheery fabrics.

Gretchen Weaver 2:59 AM  

Your Majestic Mountains is so pretty! Mine is more somber, I used up homespuns from my mother's stash. I didn't put any borders on my Mountain quilt, easier for me to quilt on my domestic machine. Blessings, Gretchen villacrestfarm@gmail.com

QuiltinLibraryLady 11:26 AM  

You're getting a lot done. As far as technology...I wish they would just leave well enough alone. Something is always changing and I get tired of figuring out how to make things work the way I want.

jude's page 4:32 PM  

I am continually amazed at how many tops you make. I yearn to get back to sewing for me, very soon now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP