Monday, September 30, 2019

Another completed top joined the pile too.  The Country Cousin blocks have been around a long time, I was using them as leader-enders for ages, until I got sick of the working with the same prints and colours for so long.

All along I meant to set the blocks together like this;


I even drew it up as an EQ8 project.
I have no idea why I then proceeded to sew it up in an entirely different orientation.  Maybe it was during one of those 2am sessions where I wasn't really paying attention.
Anyway, I only realised what I'd done when half the blocks had been sewn together.  I could have unpulled it, or made more blocks, but I didn't have the heart to do that much extra work, when I liked this way as well.

Sometimes I just wonder what is going through my head as I sew?  Not much, apparently.

6 comments:

Nana 9:51 AM  

Don't think the other way could be prettier.....This is lovely.

Suzanne 11:41 AM  

I love the final result! I understand the pull of grand children but am always happy when I get to read a new blog post from you and Merith! Suzanne

Mary Johnson 4:51 PM  

I like this layout better than your original plan! It’s gorgeous!

Bag End Gardener 5:09 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bag End Gardener 5:10 PM  

I'm with Mary, like your sewn layout much, much better than the plan you had.

Karen in Breezy Point 12:43 AM  

Haha--I sometimes wonder what is going on in my head, as well! It does get a little worrying! No matter how you set the blocks you ended up with a lovely quilt.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP