Thursday, September 26, 2019

Earlier this year I had a quilt published in one of my favourite Australian magazines, Quilters Companion.  It seems that I need a deadline to work to if I actually want to get something completely finished, and having to meet a specific date certainly helped me finish my Economy quilt.  I managed to get it quilted on one trip home, and bound on another, in an especially busy time.

 I wasn't expecting it to be on the cover, so it was a nice surprise to see it on the Newsagent shelves.
I love seeing my quilts professionally staged and photographed, I've always been really pleased with the way the magazines present my work.

Over the years I've had quite a few quilts in magazines, and I've started to frame them ready to hang.  True to my nature of procrastination, I've not actually got them up on the walls yet. (What am I like?)
That quilt on the left below isn't mine, but I watched my friend Kaye quilt it with my feather designs, so I have a connection with it and it reminds me of a fun visit.  There are more to frame, but I have to dig them out of the magazine pile.
2 weeks of holidays are coming up soon, so maybe I'll make these frames a priority; it will take half an hour, and I'll enjoy seeing those photos up on the wall every time I'm home. I'm not usually a list maker, but I think I'll try; the two weeks at home will just fly by, and I need a plan to tackle everything I want to do.

2 comments:

Rose Marie 10:21 PM  

Congrats on another published quilt! When you get the frames all hung up, can you post a photo? Is this a way to finally get you to hang them up? LOL

Gretchen Weaver 3:00 AM  

Congratulations on your quilt in the magazine! The quilt's a beauty!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP