Tuesday, October 15, 2019

farmhouse 2

I managed to get another quilt on the frame while I was home during the school holidays.

This was a fun quilt to make, I used a lot of scraps from other projects plus leftovers from my Farmhouse quilt. It needs a name, besides Farmhouse 2, but I'm drawing a blank.
It was quilted quite heavily: the pieces were so little that I wanted to be sure every 3/4" square had some stitching on or near it.

It's very flat, but I like that look. 

It's a bad photo, but I didn't have time to wait for the sun to go behind a cloud.

I've had the backing for ages, and never felt right using it for any other quilt. That's because it was meant for this one. Yet another instance of why you should always listen to the voices....


4 comments:

qypsyquilterdesigns 12:57 PM  

How about City Block, Town and Country, Rags to Riches, Zippity Do Daa. Okay I'm out of ideas, but very glad you've gotten another one done.

Thanks for sharing.

Mary Johnson 2:19 PM  

I don’t have a suggestion for the name but I love this quilt!! It’s gorgeous!

Bag End Gardener 5:24 PM  

I was going to say 'gorgeous' too, but Mary beat me to it :-)

I know what you mean about having to keep that backing, and about listening to the voices. I've had a quilt shouting at me all weekend until she got her own way.

Suzanne 3:46 AM  

I love all the recent quilts you’ve shared! I get so much inspiration from your work. How about Leftovers for a name? Suzanne

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP