Saturday, October 19, 2019

mini album applique

One of my oldest UFOs was a collection of blocks in buttonhole appliqué. The patterns are from a pattern pack I released way back last century. I made 2 like this: one was sold and one was stolen on the way to a quilt show.

I've had the blocks on the design wall several times, trying to wrestle it into submission, but all my fabric choices looked disastrous. So it's stayed packed away in its tin for the last 15 years or so.

This time I went for bolder colour choices: red was my sashing choice and this madder stripe just worked as the borders. 
It's not what I originally thought it would be, but I really like it. 



3 comments:

Bag End Gardener 8:40 PM  

How pretty, I remember those patterns . . . they may even be lurking somewhere in my sewing room!

Amused that on both sides of the world, this week a quilt has turned out very differently from what was originally expected 🙂

Sandy 1:02 AM  

I'm not sure what buttonhole applique is, but those sure are cute! I love the contrast of (what appear to be) madders, and blues, in the last one.

qypsyquilterdesigns 3:23 AM  

Dolly and I like it also, very much.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP