Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Charm Square 9 patches finished

This is an unflattering photo but I didn't have a chance to get another one.

I finally found time to attach the borders of the Charm Square 9-patches.  That brown border gave me fits, I needed to make the corners match nicely, but the pattern was printed on a slant.  That meant that when I cut the fabric straight, the print on one side was at a different level to the print on the other side.  I spent a long time measuring and fudging, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

This is top No.11 for this year, so with any luck I'll make it to my goal of 12 tops for this year.  I may even get a few more quilted if I'm dedicated.  It feels good to be working hard at the actual quilting, it's been years since I finished so many in one year. Now I just need to attack the binding; I think I have about 9 piled up ready.  The bindings are there, I just have to clear the work table and make myself do it. 

I'm at Shonny's now, I'll be going home on Thursday but there won't be much sewing this trip. Isla is coming home with me for a visit, so I'll be spending all my time with her.  We're both pretty excited about it, and Mum and Dad are looking forward to having just one baby for a couple of days.  If Isla can behave herself we'll do this more often, but who knows how she'll react to being away from home. I'm hoping Dolly and Isla's girl cousins will be so exciting that she won't miss her mum for a couple of nights. I hope I'm up to the task of parenting a 3 year old! She's pretty high energy.



4 comments:

Becky 1:45 AM  

For a 3 year old when the energy is high and you are tired, think bathtub time. If you get some of those paint soaps it will entertain her for quite a while, at least it did my granddaughters. Love the quilt.

Karen in Breezy Point 2:10 AM  

I love your quilt--I can believe that border was a challenge! Have fun with your little one--sounds like it will be an adventure!

Sue SA 6:33 AM  

I am sure that your special girls sleep over will be loads of fun! So long as your happy to give her loads of time, then I am sure she will be fine. I have been making teddy bear sleeping bags for small people special toys, so perhaps when she is older you can do some basic sewing? But tea parties with fairy bread with her cousins will be a great distraction.

Alejesnat 12:13 PM  

Absolutely beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP