Sunday, February 23, 2020

Floral Stars

My fourth finish for the year! My Floral Stars were inspired by Mereth's quilt.

The fabrics in this are mostly very old, some dating back 15-18 years. Lots of pale green and yellows, pale pinks and lilacs.  Some of them are really pretty, and I love them, but they've spent at least a decade in my stash, and it's time to move them on.  The photo looks a bit hectic, but it's pretty in real life, and I imagine some little girl will enjoy it.
I still have a few of those black florals left, so I'm continuing to make the flying geese units.  I have a whole drawer of pretty blue fabric, and I'd like to make another one like this but with blue or green sashes.  It hardly took any time to make the 20 blocks, so they can be my leader-enders while I work on a boy quilt.

I'm really enjoying working on these donation quilts, but I need to go back to some of my own quilts that have deadlines. It's nice to be so enthusiastic, and to be having such fun with my stash.

4 comments:

Bag End Gardener 6:46 PM  

A couple of those fabrics are in my stash too, so I can confirm just how old they are!!
Your quilt is looking lovely, look forward to seeing it quilted.

Sue SA 7:16 AM  

Beautiful! I would never have thought to mix black with pastels but it works so well. And I really love the fat sashing works with both the big and small prints.

Linda 3:11 PM  

Such a pretty quilt, love all the florals, they go together so well. Coincidentally I’ve been making some sawtooth stars over the weekend, framing them to make 12.5” blocks for the Sunshine Guild. Looking forward to seeing the next quilt you are planning to make.

sewyouquilt2 8:39 PM  

Such a pretty scrappy quilt. Love it

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP