Saturday, March 06, 2021

 It's autumn, my favourite time of the year.  The weather continues to be mild and pleasant, with cool nights.  I'm loving it, we really did miss out on our usual summer this year thanks to the La Nina effect. It's been wonderful.


I came home a week ago, and I've been sewing up a storm. I have two finished tops, and a pile of blocks and strips that I  used as leader-enders. It's all very satisfactory, and I still have another 4 days before I go back to Adelaide. I might get another top completed.


I found a pile of dull scraps in a drawer, and decided that I would use them up entirely. I chose a simple block, a Double 4-patch, and away I went.  It's not a big quilt, I decided life was too short to worry about using up dreary scraps when there were so many beautiful fabrics waiting their turn. This is such an easy block to make, I might choose some nice fabrics and make it in a larger size.




Of course I didn't manage to use up all of each scrap, but I certainly put a dent in them. 

I don't really feel like working on any of my existing projects just yet, so I've been casting around for something to sew next.  


These little pieces are the ends of strips when I can't get a full square out of what's left.  I've been saving them for years, and every now and then I pull out a batch and sew them together into a long strip.  


Then they go back into the drawer.  Except this last lot wouldn't go back into the drawer because it was so full.  


I had so many more strips than I thought, enough for the beginnings of a decent size quilt.  I don't have the heart to sew them edge to edge, so many seams butting up to one another would infuriate me, so I"m looking at small strips of pink to separate them.  


I haven't decided yet if this will be the final choice, or if I could use scraps of different pinks to separate the pieced strips. It can live on the small design wall while I get on with something else.


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP