Monday, March 08, 2021

In late 2019 I was sewing with my bright modern fabrics, trying to make 3 quilts for the granddaughters.  Somehow that hasn't happened yet. I have 1 top quilted and another top finished, but the oldest turns 10 soon, and I want to make her a more adult quilt that she can use through her teenage years, so that's is on the backburner while I collect fabrics in her favourite colour, aqua.  I have very little of that in my stash.


For the past year I've been dodging the piles of ironed fabric that were draped on every surface, waiting for me to finish these quilts.  Once it's ironed I don't want to fold it back up and store it in the drawers. Then I'd have to iron it again before I used it. It's a strange sort of logic. But it made for a very messy workroom.

Then I added to the mess with the tulip blocks I was working on,  and all the fabric I acquired for that joined the existing piles of ironed fabric.  Something needed to be done.


There was this;
and this,
and the new stuff I bought for my Tulips quilt. Oh dear.

Long ago I'd started cutting for a Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt, and then decided the fabrics were all too light to work with the dark purple four-patches I'd made.  I put the pieces I'd already cut in a basket and forgot about it.

Last week I found the basket of pieces and thought some of the newer fabric would work in that pattern, so I was off and running on a project I never intended to work on.  
I cut new pieces and happily pieced them into this top, but all the time something was nagging at me.  I thought I'd cut more 6 1/2" strips originally.  A lot more.
So it wasn't really a surprise to find this literally minutes after the completed top went up on the design wall. I guess there's another top using these fabrics in my future.

2 comments:

Cherie in St Louis 9:50 PM  

The brighter colors are beautiful in the stepping stones top. Of course you found the extra strips just after finishing the top, lol! They will make another beautiful quilt though :).

Rose Marie 12:10 AM  

Lovely top and yes, it happens to me all the time too! It's like they hide on purpose ....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP