Saturday, March 27, 2021

A finish

I added little strips of squares at the sides of the Log Cabins, and a 2"border at the top and bottom, to make it 51"x 63" . That's a much more useable size for a single bed.  I'm pleased with how it turned out.

 

I have more Granny Square blocks finished, and they are so much fun. I'm not sure how big I want to make this; the blocks are 9"finished, and I think I want to make it single bed size. I'll keep kitting these up until I've used up most of my strips, and then I can decide whether I want to make more.
My Mum and Gran always maintained that boys are easier to raise than girls (Gran had 8 boys and only two girls; she said that Mum was more trouble than all of them put together). My son was a very easy child to bring up, but Thomas and Finn are proving to be the trouble-makers.  Thomas has had 3 trips to an emergency dentist because of falling off things onto his face.  Finn is so adventurous he's turning my hair white.

He gets himself into many more precarious situations, but there are no photos of the more hair-raising ones because we're too busy trying to rescue him. He climbs out of the bath too, it's as if his legs have a mind of their own and just carry him along. He's been walking since his birthday, and those naughty legs just get him into trouble every time. Lordy me, I'll be glad when he just wants to sit down and build Duplo things with the other kids.


3 comments:

Lilac Joan 2:33 AM  

I have two boys - no girls. The boys were a hand fun (now in their forties and sometimes still a handful). Always fun, I enjoyed their childhood. Now I am reliving it as they are on their own. Enjoy your days with them.
Lilac Joan in Arkansas, USA

Gretchen Weaver 3:59 AM  

Your quilt is very pretty, the added border looks great and gives the added width it needed. We had 2 boys and a daughter. The 2nd son was our challenging child. I don't know how many times I told him I hope he has a child that acts just like he did. He now has 2 boys and the 2nd son is a challenge but not as bad as his daddy was. Happy stitching!

Unknown 8:41 AM  

Really great finish! Love the colors.

Thanks for sharing.

San / Gypsy Quilter Designs

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP