Monday, March 08, 2021

These pastel Spinning Rectangles have been my leader-enders for more than a year. I made a heap last February and they were set on point and became a small top. They're such a lovely block to make, nothing complicated about them, and the pile of finished blocks grew steadily until I had the 80 I needed for a single bed quilt.


They are up on the design wall now, waiting for me to rearrange the colours a bit more evenly.  If I try, I can get this in one piece before I have to go back to Adelaide.  The blocks are so easy, and such fun, that I'll probably always have one kitted up.

In a bid to conquer the piles of ironed fabric, I've decided to cut it all up and make as many tops as I can, rather than finding a place for it all in the stash drawers. The Spinning Rectangles are cut from 2" strips, and I have a die for the Accuquilt in that size; it needs an 8 1/2" piece of fabric for that, so my first step was to cut a strip from as many pieces as I could.

I ended up with 3 or 4 piles like this, waiting to be sent through the cutter; luckily it's electric so it didn't take very long.


This pile of strips looks absolutely luscious; I can't wait to get started making quilts from these.  First up is a Log cabin, and maybe a 16-patch, and a scrap Spinning Rectangles to use up every last bit. It's fun to plan new projects. 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP