Monday, October 18, 2021

A change of direction

2 nights at the sewing machine turned the set of ugly blocks into a top at last. I'm not sure exactly when I cut these out, but it was about 10 years ago.


It's not as ugly as I thought it would be, and it will be a useful couch quilt, at 59 x 71". This is top number 15 for this year, not a bad effort.

I needed a change of pace after that. I didn't want to sit at the machine and just push pieces through for another quick finish, and I didn't want to start something new. I ended up pulling out this UFO from 2015.
I bought a kit from Connecting Threads, because I had no modern black and white prints that would be suitable. 

The instructions say to make 5-10 practice pieces, but I couldn't leave it at that and started making 'practice' units for a small quilt. These were listed in my UFO chart for the last 6 years, and they weren't even supposed to be a project!  I really think I've got this down pat by now, but I'm sort of committed to making about a dozen more in these fabrics.

But I started cutting up the kit fabrics last night, and made a few blocks to be going on with. I love the tealy blue background, and I love the modern black and white fabrics.
It's so much fun working with these prints. I don't know if I'll keep sewing it, or maybe cut all the fabric and put it back in the box.

I'm just having fun right now, and that's what's important.


2 comments:

Rose Marie 11:39 PM  

What a delight your 'ugly' top turned out to be! Those modern fabrics are interesting and quite different from your usual. Looking forward to seeing them all sewn together.

deeinnebraska@gmail.com 1:57 AM  

Curious how you set these blocks?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP