Friday, October 29, 2021

My sewing room was in a state when I left for Adelaide, and it was still in a state when I got home.



One sewing table was filled with the remnants of the Urban Abacus projects, and what I'd pulled out to start the Boxy Bow Ties blocks.

The other cutting table still held the remains of the Carolina Chain top.


The ironing board was hidden beneath a pile of scrap bags I'd bought off Facebook on a whim.

Some of the scraps are seriously old, but still welcome.

I cleared  some space on the cutting table and cut up a few of the scrap bits and some leftover charm squares, to see if they could go straight into a  leader-ender. I was thinking of this one from KatyQuilts. (There's a link on the side to her Two and four QAL). I have lots of precut leftovers that could get swallowed up by this, and it's simple enough to be a good leader-ender.


That was fun, so I'm officially cutting scraps for this.
I cut up a few other scraps to make Spinning Rectangle blocks, and then cut a few more Boxy Bow Tie blocks.  And now the mess is truly overwhelming, so I'm off to clean up; then I will have a mammoth cutting spree. There are 27 projects on my UFO list, and I never seem to get it any lower. I suppose I'd better stop adding new projects.....


3 comments:

Lynley 12:18 PM  

but surely 1998 was about seven years ago? Maybe ten.... Here is to both cutting sprees and scrap fiestas, it all looks like fun!

QuiltGranma 10:57 AM  

You obviously do not have a cat, or it would be even more disorganized by the time you got back!

Unknown 6:54 AM  

Goodness, you're getting a ton of stuff cleaned out and as usual, making it all play nicely together.

San / Gypsy Quilter Designs

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP