Sunday, November 07, 2021

A little bit of fun, and some duty sewing

Not long ago Bonnie had a quilt featured behind her quote of the day at the end of her post. I was intrigued by it, and filed it away in the ideas folder. 


I'm obsessing with squares and checkerboards lately, and this really appealed to me, so I made a few blocks from the scraps I purchased on Facebook. (Which incidentally are still spread all over the ironing board.  I need to get them dealt with.) I've turned these on point,while the vintage quilt is set straight, but I like them both ways.

This block is so much fun, I want to abandon everything and just make dozens of them.  But it would be so nice to have a finish to report. I've given up hoping to get my project list whittled down, when I add to it at the slightest whim.

I had a look at my list, and chose the Meadow top as one that would be easy to finish.

I've procrastinated over this for ages, looking for the perfect border fabric, and there hasn't been anything remotely suitable. So I cut the borders from what I have here, and I'll get them sewn on in the next week or so. 


And there are those Tulip blocks with all that white fabric. The only way out is through.  I put white thread in the machine, and now I'll sew until I have a top, no excuses.  I don't have very much white thread, so there won't be any sidetracking; I don't like sewing my usual patchwork with white thread, so even the leader-enders will be minimal.





Yesterday we had a colossal cloudburst that overwhelmed all the storm drains in our little town. You can't even see the kerbs on either side of the road.
There were chunks of ice pelting down, and thunder and lightning, it was very intense. I had to wade through that water and shift both my cars because all the water from up the hill was heading down my way. We've had the worst hail storms this spring, the weather is getting to be very unpredictable.




1 comments:

QuiltGranma 7:13 AM  

Love that length of light fabric you have under the strip of red. I'm drooling here! Any progress is good progress! Do not get discouraged, just keep on keeping on.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP