Saturday, August 29, 2026

A Use For Every Scrap

Seeing Bonnie's Sunnyside quilt gave me an idea. My little cross blocks formed the same shape as her pieced blocks; The setting is wonderful, and I thought, Hmm, maybe I could set my little cross blocks like that. If I had some light ones with a dark background.



And there you have it, a way to use up my scrap 2" strips of any colour, and also use my 1.5" strips as the setting. Perfect.

I've made quite a few of the light crosses with dark triangles, but I will need a whole lot more; I think I have enough of the dark crosses to be going on with.

This motley collection of 2" strips weren't long enough to make my Courtyard blocks or the new cross blocks, so I set to and cut all of them into squares. 

I already have a drawer full of squares, so I think I'll have to find a bigger box to store them in.



I don't like using 1.5" squares, but I cut them from the end pieces of the 2" strips, because it seemed wasteful not to..

It took no time at all to amass a sizeable stack of them. I may end up donating them to my sister if they annoy me too much.


I made a few chain blocks from some of the 2" strips.  I used the strips that didn't blend in with the others I was using, and that were long enough to get several squares.  I won't dignify these with a project box. They'll live in the Orphan Block drawers until I find more strips for them, or sell them.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP