Monday, August 24, 2026

Scrappy Mountains Scrap Quilt

I've been concentrating the last few days on getting these blocks set into a top.


It's Bonnie's Scrappy Mountain Majesties pattern, and I have made this pattern 6 or 7 times. It's my go to for scraps that have landed in my stash with no idea of what they should be. I just cut 8.5" strips and squares, and make these blocks whenever the inclination strikes.

The whole time I was sewing this together I kept pondering the mystery of a set of blocks I was working on last year. I went through everything in my sewing room, in the shed, down the shop, and I could not find that set of blocks. When I marked this top off my UFO list I could see the other set of blocks on the list; 100 blocks, on November third, 2025. It was a whole quilt's worth of blocks, and I had no idea where they were.


Today, while looking for my box of 1.25" strips, I moved a bolt of fabric and saw an unfamiliar box. When I dragged it out to have a look, lo and behold, it was my missing blocks. I'm very glad they turned up, but I need a bit of a break before I tackle putting them together. There are 6 rows sewn already, so it won't take long, but I have no idea why I put them away in the first place.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP