Some Finishes At last
A while ago I started several blue scrap quilts in an effort to get rid of those scraps altogether. What a ridiculous proposition that was! Of course there are still boxes of scraps left over, but at least I have two single bed tops to show for the effort.
The first one is Four Patch Fun, which was a Bonnie leader-ender.
I'm not often awake at daybreak, but I did manage to see the dawn sky the other day. So pretty; if only I was an Early Bird instead of a Night Owl!
I like the pattern, but I wish I had made it in pink and yellow like her quilt. I'll probably start that one before the end of the year. I have no will power.
This one is Triple Treat, another leader-ender project. I started it to use up those red four-patches, but they weren't accurate, and so the blocks didn't measure what they should have. I hope I've learned a lesson about checking sizes. I really don't enjoy having to fudge every seam, and it was sheer hard work to get the blocks into a finished top.
I was cleaning out project boxes and this was in the Dear Jane box. It's all the remnants of making the blocks, and I'm not going to be needing any of them, as I won't be making the pieced border triangles.
There were a couple of larger pieces, but it was mainly tiny scraps. I don't think I'll be making any more 5" blocks in the future,
so I'll donate them all to Mereth, who loves scraps of all sizes. She will appreciate them so much more than me.I'm not often awake at daybreak, but I did manage to see the dawn sky the other day. So pretty; if only I was an Early Bird instead of a Night Owl!





0 comments:
Post a Comment