Wednesday, August 12, 2026

 I've spent most of my sewing time working on the Fancy 4-Patch blocks, purely because I don't have the mental bandwidth to pack them away and find something else. 

I have finished the 50 blocks required, and now I'm just debating if any of them need to be replaced. That yellow block is definitely unlike the others, but Mereth and I both agree that it acts as a focal point. 

I've started joining them in blocks of four, but it's not thrilling work. I need to get my design wall back though.

Another blogger just finished her Fancy Four Patch; Tazzie's quilts are always amazing, and she's certainly put her own stamp on these blocks (scroll down to the end of the post). Just beautiful. Maybe I need to rethink that white in the alternate blocks.....



The Half Log Cabins are still acting as my leader-enders, I've amassed another 20; that's all very well and good, but I don't need any more of them just now.



I finally buckled down and found two fabrics that will work as the borders on my scrap quilt. 


It will be nice to get it finished, and then I can assess what scraps are left. Maybe they will become crumb blocks, maybe they will go in the bin.  Who knows.

We've had some cold mornings lately. I woke up early one morning feeling colder than usual, and checked the weather app. Yep, that's cold. We don't normally have frosts here, not any more. Our winters are getting milder, and our summers more ferocious. 


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP