Friday, September 19, 2014

It's Friday again, and the week just flew by.  I've been really busy with computer work, quilting customer quilts and the of course the postie job.  There aren't enough hours in the day for everything that has to be done.  At least I never have to say "I'm bored, there's nothing to do...."

The customer quilts are really pretty, but they are for a local show so I won't show pictures of them yet.  The computer work is so close to being finished, which is good; the postie run is done and dusted till next Monday, so I plan to get some sewing done this weekend.

My little bits of sewing time before I went to work have paid off in a finished top at last.  My Workaday quilt is in one piece, and looking nicer than I thought it would. 

It's been on the design wall for weeks, and to begin with I shuddered at how ugly some of the fabrics are, and thought I could never get them to live together in harmony.  Then as I worked on it I started feeling affection for it's ugliness, and remembering the quilts the fabrics came from.  Later again I looked at the blocks and remembered all the stuff that has happened since I first started making them, and finally I realised that I loved how precisely I'd pieced together these random, ugly things that weren't of my own choosing.  I could have thrown it together and called it done, but what would the point of that be?  The real value of this quilt is the care I took with it, determined to do the best I could with what had been given to me; and that is a recipe for life as well.


5 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter 2:12 PM  

No way could you call that ugly. Super result!

antique quilter 6:06 PM  

wow what I love about this quilt the most it has a story, has a history, its beautiful.
can't wait to see your next one!
Kathie

Gypsy Quilter 10:53 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
audrey 10:10 AM  

Loved reading the story of this quilt.:) Really great finish in spite of its humble beginnings!

Karen 5:47 AM  

The workaday quilt is so pretty and the story is a lesson to us all.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP