Friday, November 29, 2019

Indecision

The Vintage Rosette top was the 12th top finished this year, so I actually achieved that goal early.  Part of me wants to power sew through the next few weeks and add a lot more completed projects to the tally, and part of me just wants to play with ideas and fabrics and enjoy some relaxation.  While I dither about what I'm going to do, I'm actually sewing on the Disappearing Nine-patches that I want to make for Christmas gift quilts.

It takes no brain power at all to make these 9patches from 4.5"squares, so I'm just dawdling along, sewing one seam after another and thinking of what I want to do next.
The fabrics are so colourful and cheerful, it's making me happy to be sewing with these pretty prints.  But I have no wish to make anything other than the simplest patchwork with them.  When I want to do some clever, intricate piecing I'll be turning to my reproduction stash for inspiration.

2 comments:

Sue SA 6:22 AM  

Very pretty combination with pink, aqua and the green.

qypsyquilterdesigns 6:26 AM  

I'm so glad you have a chance to just sit, relax, sew something fun. Inspiration for all of us!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP