Saturday, July 17, 2021

2 new projects

This is my new leader-ender project.

Double 4-patch, madder and  red for the 4-patches, and light figured squares between them.  I had so many leftover strips once the madder quilt was done, so I decided this would get rid of most of them,  It's a great L-E, not interesting enough to take over as the main project, but it will clean up a lot of scrap and strips.

My other new project is a Sisters Choice, with rust sashing.  

I was cruising around a few blogs and saw one like this, but I have no idea where I saw it.  I got lost in the blogosphere, and couldn't find my way back there.  Feel free to point me back to that blog if you know who made it, it was a lovely inspiration. I'm hoping that I can have another go at cleaning out the 2.5" strip drawer, but so far I just seem to be cutting more strips to mix in with the old ones.  It's not helping empty the drawer at all. 

I've been doing a lot of late night sewing, which explains how I could sew this in place, and press it, without waking up to the fact that it was soooo wrong. I unpicked it and had another go, then thought I"d better call it quits for the night. I didn't trust myself not to sleep sew and make another mistake.

That's better.

I've already made 15 of these blocks, I'm so obsessed with them, so 15 more to make. Some projects just gallop along to completion, and other take decades. At least this one shouldn't languish as a UFO, not like the madder stars, and the floral stacked stars.



4 comments:

Cathy 10:40 PM  

I love both of your projects. They will be beautiful quilts. Hugs.

Linda 2:29 AM  

Intrigued by the word “madder”. I believe madder to be a plant whose root can be used as a dye. Did you use madder root to dye your own fabric? You are certainly motoring with you new projects.

Unknown 3:01 AM  

Connie and Mary from Chicken Scratch blog in Iowa used that block often in their books. I believe it's called Farmer's Daughter by them. Will have to check my books. Love your color combination.

San / Gypsy Quilter Designs

QuiltGranma 6:24 AM  

Love your quilts and blocks made from reproduction fabrics and the colors!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP