Friday, July 16, 2021

Madder top finished

The madder top is finally finished, another long term UFO that I can cross off the list. I even mitred those corners, which took a bit of faffing around, but it does look nice.


If you look closely in the top right hand corner you might notice an anomoly.


There's a light star in there, leftover from a quilt I made many years ago. Originally I was making light and dark stars for a single project, then I dropped that idea and made this top from the light stars on a dark background.


I finished that in January 2015, and the rest of the blocks sat until last week. When I put the blocks up on the design wall it took a while to register that one block was different.  I left it there as a nod back to the other top, and to give people something to wonder about. It's so nice to have finally dealt with.


2 comments:

O'Quilts 6:45 AM  

Both quilts are just lovely

QuiltGranma 3:27 PM  

Beaaaaautiful, I am in love!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP