Sunday, September 27, 2015

I'm still keeping track of the amount of fabric I buy, and how much I use.  I'm not No-Buy, so the fabric tally is just because it's interesting to see how my buying habits have changed over the years.  As for the amount used, it's an indicator of how much sewing I get done. 

I've been working on three things lately, inching all of them closer to completion, so there is going to be a big addition to the Fabric Used column soon.

I'm glad that I don't have fierce 'Rules' about what I can and cannot buy.  There was a cheddar fabric that I impulsively bought recently, the rest of the bolt in fact; I love the blocks which use it, such a pretty play of colours together. 
And the sashing fabric is so perfect that I want to go back and get the rest of the bolt as well.  I could have scrounged up fabrics from the stash that would be OK, but I'm so much happier buying what I need to make the quilt exactly what I intended it to be.

I'll look for the perfect border in my stash, but if I don't fancy anything then I'll be off to the patchwork shop on a mission.  My fabric costs so much less than acrylic nails, designer shoes and handbags, expensive hair-dos or fashion outfits.  I'm a low maintenance kind of person, and that's how I want to be, but I don't compromise in the sewing room.  I have really high standards there!

4 comments:

julieQ 10:22 AM  

I am much the same. No shopping, no nails or mani/pedis. I think we can enjoy our quilting! I love your play of blue and cheddar!

audrey 12:01 PM  

The only thing I spend a bit of money on (other than quilting stuff) is my shoes. Still, I agree, being low maintenance helps justifying having high standards in the quilting department! Love that cheddar!

Sandy 12:18 AM  

I love the way you rationalize, Keryn. I'm going to use that!
I might also use your color combo of the cheddar with the blue four-patches, a bunch of which I recently made. Thanks!

sosarahsew 5:59 AM  

I love your orange and blue! They are the colors of the college I attended (and my parents, sister, son,...).
I agree that fabric costs much less than many other "things" in life, and I like that there is something to show for my hobby as well.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP