Friday, May 04, 2007

How slack of me, leaving a photo of cheese as the latest post on the blog for a week. I will have to try and do better than that this week. I do have progress on my various projects to show, but I'm being stubborn and want to post the finished product, not the interim photos. So with a bit of effort today I should have one top finished and another well on the way.

Let me just say I am sick of eeny-weeny scraps and want to chop up some Yardage! On the good side I have used up all my wodges and little bits, and now there are just strips left in the scrap drawers. That is a major achievement, seeing these scrap bins were full of snippets from 15 years of quilts. I hope I never accumulate that many again, it was overwhelming. I am going to pick a block, like Crosses and Losses, and make all my scraps into those blocks, not let them pile up in a mountain again.

Later....

I sewed madly all day, in between computer work and running errands, and now I have a finished top but it's too dark to get a good photo, so that will have to wait till tomorrow. I am very pleased with this, it's absolutely mad and one of a kind and made just for me. I can imagine perfectionist Quilt Police types having a fit over it, but I love everything about it. It's Mine! We loves it.....

I am showing you two of my favourite blocks; more tomorrow.



We have had drama with our Maxi-cat, who was attacked by a marauding stray tom. We took him to the vet to be patched up, and he's recovering nicely. If I had a gun I would happily shoot the stray, he's a vile creature. And I'm quite a good shot too, so I wouldn't miss the bugger. Bob is our official Care-Cat; whenever one of the others is sick or in trouble Bob comes to tell us, and then sits close to the afflicted one, being a good friend. I've never seen a cat do that before; he and Max don't always get on, but whenever Max is unwell Bob will be right there next to him. We adore Bob!

DH is in Brisbane for a week, helping shift his mum's furniture into new accommodation. She will stay on at the old house for another month, so it's a gradual move for her, and when the time comes she should be ready to go. It will be a bit of a wrench not to have a Brisbane base anymore, we always stayed with the in-laws when we went to Brissy, so now I will have to impose on my friends for a blanket on the floor. I will bring wine......

I hope I can do a lot of sewing and get all my work stuff up to date in the next few days, seeing as I can stay up all night if I want to. If I can! I don't know if I can do the all-night thing these days, but I'll give it a try.

And now, supper! Why have I never realised before how wonderful green olives are? DH and I went out on the bike last week, and packed a picnic with lots of antipasto type foods. I reluctantly tried one of his olives, expecting to hate it, and was instantly smitten. And they taste great with the nightly G & T as well. Though tonight I'm having a pleasantly robust Shiraz; it has to have some sort of muscle, to compete with that cheese. And I'm not game to eat that rind, it's a leetle funky even for me....

3 comments:

Mary Johnson 3:44 AM  

I'm not a huge fan of crumb type blocks but I love the sneak preview of this quilt. It looks like you've tamed the madness with your sashing and borders - I can't wait to see the whole quilt top.

MARCIE 4:49 AM  

This is going to be one sensational quilt-I can't wait to see the whole thing. These blocks are awesome!

Lynn Dykstra 8:27 AM  

Personally, I have been enjoying the cheese. Thanks for the second helping!
I love your blocks and look forward to the whole quilt. If you are missing having a pile of scraps, I can help you out...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP