Friday, January 28, 2022

Home again

 Oh my wordy, Lordy me. I am so relieved to be back in my sewing room, after 11 days in the company of various grandchildren.  The silence is amazing. I love Isla to bits, but she never stops talking, just like her Great-grandma.  It's in her genes obviously. When the two of them got together it was hard to get a word in edgewise.



I'm not even watching a DVD, just relishing being home and being still.



I needed something fun and easy to sew when I got home last night, so it was the Boxy Bowties that I turned to. I'm up to 15 completed blocks, with the parts made for a few more. That's just short of a quarter of the blocks needed. It's looking quite cheerful and colourful.

I'm almost out of pieces though, so it will be a cutting day today, amassing piles of shapes for the next sewing spree. It's going to be hot today, so I'll probably end up in the workroom in the AC. 

I'm limited in what I can work on down there, but the main thing is to keep doing something and making progress.

4 comments:

Tazzie 7:19 AM  

Your blocks are gorgeous, I love the spring like colours!
Hugs, Tazzie:-)

tirane93 8:47 AM  

i am loving the scrappy yet coordinated confetti look going on here. can't wait to see how you set these blocks!

QuiltGranma 9:35 AM  

I'm thinking Boxy Butterflies rather than bow ties! HAHA!

Gypsy Quilter Designs 8:30 AM  

"Silence IS golden".

Enjoy your quiet time and soon you'll be ready for more grandchildren visits. The newest top is lovely.

San / Gypsy Quilter Designs

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP