Friday, January 14, 2022

I've been working on the QSTs for the British quilt, just pootling along making the tiny Hourglass blocks and enjoying myself. And then it occurred to me that I should really count up how many of the things I'll actually need.


801.  Holy Cow!!  I don't know that I've ever made that many units for a single quilt.  It gave me pause for thought.
Any MAD piecing is going to require MAD cutting first.
These are the result of two sessions of  focusing on cutting enough pieces for a quarter of the quilt. It wasn't too arduous, except it highlighted how much I had to concentrate on those diagonal cuts.  I need to find a way to make that easier.
I sewed them all together in one long session, then pressed them, and trimmed them to the correct size.

I have seven blocks made, just to check that the colours are the way I want. I think I'll concentrate on using lighter cream prints in the next batch.

Currently the Hourglass block count stands at 270, which includes all the red and white blocks I'll need.  I'm making progress, and I definitely think I've achieved MAD status in this project. Now to go and play with something else.



3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver 11:32 PM  

This is going to be such a pretty quilt but that is a lot of hourglass blocks, happy stitching!

QuiltGranma 12:51 PM  

I like this! And I had fun trying to find a definition for pootling on my American thinking phone! That was a novelty!

patricia 1:35 AM  

Just to be clear, with the Companion Angle you cut one pair of right side facing strips at a time and with the ruler where you have added the masking tape 'walls' you cut ???

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP