Friday, March 04, 2022

2nd top for 2022

I managed to stay focussed long enough to finish these Big Dipper blocks, and get them assembled into a top. This is the second top finished for this year; I'm always glad to get a UFO out of the project box and onto the To Be Quilted pile.  This might only be 2 years old, but it's a good feeling to have it done.



I love this block, it can look so different depending on where the dark and light values are. I had so much fun wth my colour combinations.



It was meant to be brown and pink, but quite a lot of  green crept in.


I made a whole lot of Boxy Bowtie blocks as leader-enders while I put this together, so I arranged all of them on the design wall.


This has been my most successful L-E in a long while, it's stayed in the background in a supporting role, which my leader-enders seldom do.  I think maybe because I'm on a repro 1800s jag, and I don't want to devote all my time to these bright pastels.

I have 29 blocks made, and I think I'm aiming for 42. I'll have to cut some more pieces soon, so I'll be raiding the scrap drawers for suitable pieces. At some stage I"ll have to think about the dozens of sashing strips needed.  This is definitely not a quickie quilt, but it's fun.

3 comments:

Tazzie 10:19 PM  

I love your 'second finish' quilt, it's just lovely. That pink fabric is so nice, it's a lovely soft pink rather than some of the more vibrant ones from the repro collections.
And the leader and ender is great too - that pattern is wonderful, I made a small version for a friend's baby a while back, I think I may have to revisit it.
Hope you're having a great week
*hugs*
Tazzie

Rose Marie 12:18 AM  

Great to have another lovely finish! Love the hour glass block. I have tried L-E but can't get my head around to it.

Unknown 11:59 PM  

I really like your pastel quilt that you are making. What is the pattern? I like the circular effect made by the layout. Thanks for sharing. It's very inspirational.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP