Monday, March 14, 2022

I'm still plugging away at my scrap strippy bars. I'm at the final stage of deciding what order the strips should go in.


They are all different sizes, and the pink strips are either 2", or 2.5". I'm trying not to fuss, and just throw it together, but that not how I usually work. I don't like those 3.5" strip bars at the edge, they look like a border and that's not what I had in mind. I'd like to have a border of something floral, preferably something with a big pattern. My stash is looking a a bit sad lately, I haven't been buying that sort of thing, but I've been using it.


It's better to have the wide pieced strips in the centre part. I'll work on getting this put together, hopefully without much angst.


I went down to Adelaide last week, and took a pile of QSTs to sew. That added another 67 to the total, and today I started another 21. I'm getting very close to being able to pack away all this drab fabric, just another 40 or 50 to cut.


I thought I'd better start actually making some blocks, rather than leave it all to do at the end. I really like how it looks. I'm excited to start assembling the top, but there are other things to accomplish first. It feels like I'm taking forever on this project, but it was only December 7th when I began. If I finish the Hourglass block this month it will have been an average of 200 a month. Not too shabby.




2 comments:

Nancy 2:09 PM  

You called the fabric in your triangles "drab" but gosh, they're turning into a gorgeous quilt that looks comforting and comfortable. I love the mix of plaids/stripes/shirtings with the prints you've chosen.

QuiltGranma 7:31 PM  

Love what you are making there, and I'm looking forward to what they will look like when done. Drab? Not at all, just muted, soft colors, ready for cuddling!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP