Wednesday, March 16, 2022

2 little tops quilted

Last month I quilted the two little blue and green quilts.



I think this one is going to be for Finn.



The panto on this is called Dandy, one of my favourites.



This is made from the scraps of a tumbler quilt I made more than a decade ago. Can't hurry these things. I quilted that with a simple pattern of waves, called Ric Rac. Both quilts were done in no time flat, I wonder why I put things off for so long.


I joined all the strips for the scrappy bars. I think I'll call it the Remnant quilt, as these are all the little bits left at the end of strips



It's going to have different borders on the top and sides, to use up those prints that are great for borders but I just don't have enough of them. this will be the top and bottom border.


And I'm dithering over these two for the sides. Or both? There's only half a metre of the floral, so it would use that up nicely. The holly one is a Judie Rothermel which surprised me. It doesn't look like a repro; the colouring is what I want, but I do have metres of this one. Should I save it for another quilt? Do I have enough to do this and still do another quilt later on. These and other questions occupy my mind.



Mereth and I came out of the workroom yesterday afternoon to be greeted by these ridiculous shaving cream clouds. They were moving fast, changing all the time, so we decided to go for a drive and chase them.



We headed out on the backroads, stopping often to take photos and enjoy the scenery.


There was a lot happening up there, but not a breath of wind at ground level around us.



And then after one bolt of lightning and some rumbles of thunder, they just gave up and wandered off. Even the weather can't be bothered these days.


So we came home and went on with our day, but it was a fun little interlude.

4 comments:

Blencoe Bonny 12:07 AM  

The cloud photos hooked me! I had to scroll down to find where you're located? Love the use of scraps. Nice post!

Cherie in St Louis 11:33 AM  

Remnant turned out lovely! Great description of the clouds…..shaving cream, indeed :)

QuiltGranma 5:41 AM  

Beautiful clouds for sure! For border, if the photo reads the color correctly, I think the green floral is too bright for the quilt. But then I'm not there in person. Go with your own choice.

Chookyblue...... 7:56 AM  

both the quilts are lovely...........and I like the scrap one.........
I love clouds and that would have been fun chasing them......nice pics they are cool clouds those ones........

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP