Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Remnant is a finished top, and I'm really happy with it. Sometimes I fall out of love with a project, but I didn't feel that at all with this. There are so many fragments of treasured fabrics in the strips, I'm glad I combined them all into a top instead of throwing them away.



I'm happy with the corners; I wanted something that would break up the corners, the borders running all the way across the top were distracting. So this little block doesn't show up in any great detail, but it doesn make the borders end at the edge of the pieced centre, but still carries the 3 main fabrics out into the corner.


I've been sewing blocks together for the British quilt, and building more blocks as leader-enders.

One quarter of the quilt is assembled, except for a few seams.

There are enough blocks here to make another quarter. I need to put it up on the design wall before I go any further. Those blocks with the diagonal red QSTs have to slope in the right direction, so I need to have it where I can check I'm doing the right thing.


My three little poppets out shopping with Mum on a wet day. That denim jacket has been a fashion item for all three girls, it will be sad when Isla grows out of it. Thomas is in that long thin phase of growing, he's shooting up like a weed. And Finn has decided to skip all Thomas' size 2 winter clothes and go straight into size 3. 


He is so happy that he's one of the big kids now. 'I not like a baby" he declares loudly. You're still my baby, Finn.

3 comments:

gayle 9:30 AM  

I love the corners on Remnant! Such a clever solution!

Gretchen Weaver 8:28 PM  

Remnant look so good! What a great use of small pieces of leftover fabrics. The grands certainly so grow up fast and they certainly don't want to be considered babies. My youngest grandson was certainly adamant about moving out of his car seat and into a booster because he wasn't a baby anymore. Happy stitching!

QuiltGranma 11:47 AM  

What a great way to finish the corners! Really unifies the whole thing... er, sorry, Quilt!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP