Sunday, November 02, 2008

It seems I have tomatoes already. I don't need many, so I only have two small fruited varieties and four Roma plants. I would like to be able to harvest a fair few Romas and dry them, as we go through a lot of sun-dried tomatoes. I also have a white eggplant, but it's still a-growing, and hasn't produced flowers yet. I love having vegetable plants to check on every morning, it's satisfying to see new fruit setting.

I spent this morning sewing up a storm, while thunder growled overhead and rain lashed the garden. It was a great beginning to the day, as otherwise I would have been out there with hoses, trying to water everything. Instead I have a design wall full of these.I have to admit I sewed them with the wrong attitude, I just wanted them done and out of the way so I could get on to a proper project. But when I slapped them onto the wall and stood back I was struck by how cheerful they look. Putting all those medium and light squares in has changed the whole tone of them. So I'm well pleased with the morning's work.

My keyboard has decided that the letters C, V & B will not be participating today, not without a struggle. I have to keep levering them up to make them work. Maybe I need to vaccuum out the crumbs......

Hmmm, what could this be? I might have bought something for myself as an early Christmas present!




6 comments:

antique quilter 6:18 PM  

I love your blocks on your desgin wall, isn't it fun to just sew and not have to think sometimes!
oh boy an early Christmas present...real estate...wait to hear what you bought. can't
We had our first snow this week and you will be picking fresh tomatoes!
lucky you!

Tazzie 7:15 PM  

Ohhh, this looks exciting - don't keep us in suspense too long!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

QuiltingFitzy 11:33 PM  

Can't wait to see your surprise!

pdudgeon 4:08 AM  

smiled big this morning when i read your post....
Waking up to 38 degrees here and thinking about somewhere in Aussy land juicy tomatoes are ripening!!!! YEAAAAAA!

and yep we all wanna see the early Christmas prezzy. *grin!*

Marianne 1:21 PM  

Yes do tell! I cannot stand the suspense! Your quilt-in-the-making looks great.

meggie 8:24 PM  

Of course now, I have read your more recent post, so I know what the surprise is.


Love the "Melange" on the design wall!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP