Monday, September 14, 2020

Progress on the Tiny Album blocks

I'm moving slowly towards a finish on the Tiny Album blocks. I chose a pink from the stash, and it's a really old one, I think it was from the Cocheco range. It has nothing printed on the selvedge, so no clue there.


I made the blocks in several long sewing sessions, I was grimly determined to get this closer to a finish, and there were quite a few nights that I called it quits at 2am.  Silly of me, but I don't have anyone to answer to.

I use the parts of one block as a leader-ender for the block I'm working on.  During one of those late night sessions my concentration slipped, and I did this.

I was about to press it and then thought, 'Hmm, that doesn't look right....'  
I fixed it with a bit of seam ripping, but it was time to call it a night. I didn't want to make a mistake trimming those blocks to size, I would be devastated to make a slip with the rotarty cutter.  Cant fix that.....

4 comments:

Melanie 11:23 AM  

The pink sashing just brings your blocks to life, love it!

Karen in Breezy Point 12:44 AM  

You came up with the perfect fabric--the pink is fabulous! Even better that it came from the archives--lol!

Cherie in St Louis 1:23 AM  

Love Karen's the reference that the pink came from the archives. I agree late night rotary cutting can lead to nothing but trouble!!

Karen 9:34 AM  

I agree that the pink makes the quilt. Good choice.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP