Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Beloved

I was making good progress on my Beloved blocks, but I kept thinking,
"Why am I making an 80"square quilt.  I don't like square quilts. I could leave off 2 rows, have a 68 x 80" quilt and that would suit me better."

So that's what I did.

What a horrible picture, but I really can't be bothered getting a better one.  I was considering calling this quilt Once Beloved But Not Any More, because of those darn lumpy seams where the blocks came together. I really didn't enjoy putting this together which was a shame. I loved making the blocks, it was just the final construction that was horrible.  Mereth is doing the same quilt, and after seeing the struggle I had with mine, is considering a tiny sashing to separate the blocks so she won't have the same experience.

But it's finished now, and it's on the design wall in the workroom so I can admire it for a few more days. It's not as dark in real life, and the colours are nicer than the photo. I gathered up the leftover 13 blocks, and the 20 kitted blocks, and the extra pieces, and gave them to Mereth for her quilt.

I did have a Plan B for the extra blocks, but I really don't need another project. 
I used the offcuts from the 4.5" borders to cut more bricks for my leader-ender project. It's turning into such a good scrap-buster.

1 comments:

Sandy 2:27 PM  

I hate lumpy seams. I had the same problem with my flying geese quilt. I even tried pressing the seams open and that didn’t help. Your quilt turned out really pretty, though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP