Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Fussy cutting

I haven't once sat at my machine in my sewing room this trip, which has to be some sort of a record.

Instead, I've been hand sewing on these 3/4" hexagons from January 2018.  I started them so I would always have a hand project to take with me, but I never went back to them.  Too busy churning out tops or chasing grand-babies.

I'm enjoying the change of pace, and looking at some of my favourite materials with a different perspective.  I no longer visualise them pieced into blocks, but as motifs to be cut apart and rejoined in patterns.  
I'm not sure I can deal with these odd shaped remnants that have donated parts for the cause. I've spent decades trying to use up every last piece of my fabric, and not waste any, and now I'm turning them into Swiss cheese.  My mind struggles with that.
I have some bagged up ready to go, and I'm cutting more each night.
It's easy sewing, and such a lot of fun, but progress is slow.  This is definitely going to be a wallhanging.


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP