Friday, August 28, 2020

More binding

This Tumbler quilt has a bit of a story behind it.  I made it while I still lived in Rockhampton, and quilted it on my friend Kaye's Statler on one of my visits to Sydney.  It never got bound because I lent it to a newly opened patchwork shop for display.


Then I moved down here and forgot about it, and years later the patchwork shop closed, and I thought that was the last of my quilt.  But a couple of years ago the mother of the patchwork shop owner was touring Australia by caravan, and dropped the quilt off to me here in Crystal Brook. How strange that it finally came back to me, after all that time. But it still hasn't got its binding, which was made at the time and never used. The edges need a good trimming, and then I'll take great pleasure in applying the binding at last.
This quilt was made and quilted years ago too, and was meant to be a donation quilt.  That didn't happen, because I didn't bind it straight away (I'm seeing a pattern here), so I need to get this finished and sent somewhere where it can do some good.  It's quite drab, but in my expererience guys often like more sombre colours, so I think someone out there will claim this.

I don't know if I"ll have time to quilt anything on this trip home, but I have a few deadlines to work at so I hope that will keep me inspired. Onward!!


1 comments:

sewyouquilt2 7:32 PM  

Both quilts are beautiful

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP