Saturday, August 08, 2020

My time in the sewing room over the last few months has been spent jumping from one thing to another and getting sidetracked by new projects, then trying to dig myself out of the resulting chaos.  That hasn't been very productive, but I've had fun with it, so that's what counts.  But last time I was home, 2 weeks ago, I got a bee in my bonnet about my Beloved project. I had kitted all the blocks I would need and packed away all the fabric, but then I decided that I just needed to get it done.

It's not easy to sew the blocks together; the seam allowances make a big bump no matter how they're pressed, and I wasn't looking forward to that.  It seemed that the only way to deal with that was to just get on and do it, so I sewed like a maniac and got half the quilt in one piece.

I also sewed up a heap more blocks, so that I only have 39 more to finish. Of those 39 I have 25 partially assembled and just waiting to be completed.


I feel pretty confident that I can get this in one piece if I concentrate on it.  I'll be home for 5 days this time, and the weather forecast is for lots of rain.  Perfect sewing weather.
This is my leader-ender project.  I love it, and have to stop myself sewing lots more of it straight away.  I need to do a lot more cutting for it, and I can see most of my 2.5"scraps disappearing into it.

The overnight temps are going to be close to 0° so I might be tucked up in bed knitting instead of sewing.  When I'm in Adelaide the heating is on most of the time, and I miss the chilly winter weather.  Only a few weeks of winter left this year, so I have to make the most of it.

3 comments:

julieQ 8:32 PM  

OH how I love to visit your blog! My mom made a "bricks" quilt, as you are making for leaders and enders...I love yours!!

Karen 2:45 AM  

You make the best scrappy quilts!

jude's page 5:58 AM  

It is so easy to jump from one thing to another, and weather has been perfect for staying in and sewing. Love your bricks quilt, and thinking it will be a good use to try and empty out the drawers of 2 1/2" strips. Are they cut 5 1/2" long?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP