Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Bricks

I was on a mission to fill up my box of 2.5" x 4.5"bricks so that I'd have lots to choose from for my leader-enders.  I didn't want to pull out the scrap drawers and cut strips, so I weeded all these charm squares out of the charms drawer. 


I'm cutting a 2.5"strip and a 2"strip from each one. That gives me one brick per charm square, and a 2" x 5"strip.

These will certainly liven up the Stacked Bricks project.

Some people have asked if I'm following a pattern. I'm not, just building the rows on my design wall. The triangles at the end of the rows are made from a 4.25"square cut twice on the diagonal.

When I sew the rows together I take the new row and fold the light coloured rectangles  in half to mark the centre of each;


then I line the fold up with the seam on the upper row.

The rows only need to be pinned every 8"apart, it all goes together really neatly if those seams are lined up with the creases.

The 2"strips are being sewn into 4-patches, and I haven't a clue what to do with them yet, but something will occur to me.  The important thing is that I"m using ever skerrick of the charm squares, which is a good feeling.  I've hoarded them for too long.

2 comments:

jude's page 5:33 AM  

Thanks for the explanation for this quilt. I hope to make a start using the abundant drawers of scraps in my room. Just a query about how you did the layout in EQ8? I tried and am struggling to set it up?

Expert Wall Removal 2:58 PM  

Thanks for sharing such great information about Brick Wall Cutting we also write about Brick Wall Cutting, Wall Sawing, Wall Cutting, if you want to read kindly visit below mention site

Brick Wall Cutting

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP