Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Ohio Star top finished

One whole night was devoted to getting the borders on my Ohio Stars top.


This turned out exactly the way I wanted it, I'm so pleased with the soft blues and browns. I really enjoyed these blocks, they have kept me amused since 2017.

Making all those 2" Hourglass units taught me a lot about accurate piecing, and how to achieve the best results on my machine. I wouldn't hesitate to tackle any design containing them now. And see, I even mitred those borders after all. This is the third quilt that I've made with borders of that fabric;  it didn't give me any trouble this time, so I must have finally learnt how to deal with it.  There was only half a metre left, and I gave that to Mereth for her stash.  I'll have to look out for another reproduction fabric to replace it. This is the 10th top finished this year.

6 comments:

julieQ 10:53 PM  

Just lovely! I too love those soft blues and browns...very pretty! Good job mitering those corners!

Tammy Hutchinson 5:55 AM  

This is a beautiful quilt and will be so comforting to wrap in! Ohio Star was the first block I attempted - with not so great results. I soon learned to work with squares first.:) But I'll always love this block!

Suzanne 6:27 AM  

I love the blue/brown combination. Very striking! Am enjoying all your recent posts!

Fisgig2 7:32 PM  

You are definately on a roll. Lovely colours.

kathiquilts 7:34 AM  

Everything about this quilt is just wonderful - the beautiful color choices are so well highlighted by the layout you used! the narrow sashing allows each star to shine. A real winner fron any perspective!

Karen in Breezy Point 1:42 AM  

Your quit is so beautiful--love the soft colors and how vintage it looks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP