Friday, August 14, 2020

Tiny Album Blocks

While I'm in a finishing mood I thought I'd tackle the Tiny Album blocks. I started them in 2017, and I've been casually working on them ever since.


I have 40 finished blocks, and 15 kitted up ready to sew, but I floundered when I couldn't decide how big to make the quilt.  EQ8 to the rescue.

This straight set layout uses 72 blocks, and would be simple to do.

64" x 75"
This on-point setting uses 72 blocks too, but it would be more work, and require a fabric for the edge triangles.
77" x 88"
I still haven't decided which version I will make, but at least I know I have to aim for 72 blocks.  That's not too many more, I can work on getting those kitted and sewn while I ponder exactly which pink material I should use. Hopefully something in the cupboard will work, I don't want to be buying more pink when there's two shelves of it there already.  This is the year of Use It Up, after all.

4 comments:

Unknown 5:55 AM  

Ohh, I really like the 2nd setting, on point. And I know you'll have no trouble figuring out which side triangles to use. Thanks for sharing!

Gretchen Weaver 8:43 PM  

I agree with unknown, the 2nd setting is the way to go. The darker pink setting triangles really makes the center pop. Hope you find the right shades of pink. Happy stitching!

Suzanne 9:07 PM  

I just love the stack of sweet blocks! I’m very tempted to try making a few...

jude's page 6:44 PM  

I also love the on point setting, hope you find the right triangle fabric.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP